The Power of Mobility: New strategy and branding for GB Corp.
Cairo, 22 January 2023: GB Auto Group announced that it will be rebranding to “GB Corp”. The new brand identity consolidates its leadership position across many vital economic and industrial sectors over more than 80 years. It also reinforces the Group’s strategy which has let it become an institutionally-regulated economic organization that strongly contributes to achieving its ambitions in light of shifting local and global economic landscapes.
Nader Ghabbour, CEO of GB Corp, affirmed: “The launch serves as a recognition of our reputable legacy, as well as GB Corp’s commitment to fulfil its role in economic and social growth, in line with Egypt’s Vision 2030. The new strategic direction is centered around sustainable business practices that are focused on digital transformation, sustainability, and women empowerment.”
“The Power of Mobility” embodies GB Corp’s vision and mission, while highlighting the company’s role as a catalyst in enabling social and economic prosperity through supporting its stakeholders in achieving new aspirations. In addition, GB Corp aims to create one unified entity, where GB Corp’s subsidiaries – GB Auto, GB Capital, GB Logistics, GB Ventures, GB Academy and the Ghabbour Foundation for Development – will adopt the unified vision and values of the company.
GB Corp’s new identity strategy focuses on three main pillars: (1) digital transformation and (2) sustainable and (3) women empowerment. To expedite digitalization, the company has implemented various projects which place the customer experience journey at the center of its operations through mobile applications and chatbots, digitalized sales and after-sales centers, as well as loyalty programs.
On sustainability, the company successfully conducted its first carbon footprint assessment in 2020/2021 and set specific GHG reduction targets. GB Corp plans to install solar PV systems at all its manufacturing facilities by 2024 which will supply up to 40% of the facilities’ annual energy needs. The company has also launched an initiative to recycle all metal, plastic, paper and other waste. In addition, a phase-out plan is currently being implemented across all manufacturing facilities to replace diesel with natural gas and renewable energy sources.
Furthermore, the company focuses on empowering women in the automotive industry as well as Electric Vehicles (EV). The Ghabbour Foundation for Development signed an agreement with Alexandria Bank to design an integrated program to qualify female students to work in the automotive technical sector. The Foundation also collaborated with HSBC Egypt to qualify and empower a class of young men and women to become specialized technicians in the maintenance of EVs. Finally, the Foundation partnered with Banque Misr Foundation to financially support students of the Foundation’s Applied Technology school during three years of education.
About GB Corp:
- With over 8 decades of experience in the automotive industry, GB Auto is now a market leader famous for its reputable service offerings. It is renowned for providing an unmatched service level in a multitude of product segments across the Middle East and Africa. This includes manufacturing, assembly, distribution, and after-sales of different types of vehicles ranging from 2&3 wheelers, passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction equipment and tires. Derived from the authentic vision of mobility, GB Auto sets in motion the industry standards through partnering with globally recognized automotive brands.
- GB Capital is a leading non-bank financial services provider in Egypt playing a key role in providing financial mobility in more than one agile form. GB Capital oversees the operations of a diverse range of service providers that offer credit and other financial solutions to a versatile client base ranging from major corporations and small and medium enterprises to retail clients and individuals eligible for micro credit. GB Capital continues to build on strict and robust credit, provisioning and risk classification policies specifically developed for each industry and customer segment.
- GB Logistics is an Integrated Service Provider (ISP), specialized in offering high-quality logistics services to customers in Egypt and worldwide. GB Logistics provides excellent full-service logistic solutions that add value to its appreciated partners. Managing an integrated supply chain on behalf of our partners is done using the latest operational solutions and advanced technologies.
- GB Ventures is a specialized technology Venture Capital focused primarily on seed investments within the mobility ecosystem. It was founded to identify high potential startups in a wide range of sectors; and more importantly to efficiently help the next generation of innovators and entrepreneurs become scalable market leaders. GB Ventures’ acceleration program supports startups with the needed funding, expertise, mentorship, resources, and networks to develop their strategies and expand their businesses.
- GB Academy is outfitted with state-of-the art workshops and classrooms equipped to provide professional technical training. Ranging from mechanical, electrical, paint work to soft skills trainings and numerous industry-specific skills that are tailored to customer needs. Through accessible theoretical courses paired together with practical training modules, the Academy offers its rich educational services and technical simulations to all types of interested individuals. Starting from companies, universities, public and governmental institutions, all the way to students, employees, and professionals.
- Ghabbour Foundation for Development is a non-profit organization chiefly focused on bridging the gap between the quality of vocational education in Egypt and industry needs for skilled workers by applying international standards and accreditations. Promoting positive social mobility, the Foundation seeks to increase the skill level of the country’s workforce through the sustainable development of a network of schools in partnership with governmental entities and international academic partners and accreditation institutions. Through its comprehensive development approach, the Foundation equips students not just with unique technical skills that will allow them to pursue rewarding careers in the highly competitive and increasingly technologically advanced industry sector, but just as importantly, with life skills that make them effective contributors to their communities and to the country.