The Power of Mobility: New strategy and branding for GB Corp.
Cairo, 22 January 2023: GB Auto group announced that it will be rebranding to “GB Corp”. The new brand identity consolidates its leadership position across many vital economic and industrial sectors over more than 80 years. It also reinforces the Group’s strategy which has let it become an institutionally-regulated economic organization that strongly contributes to achieving its ambitions in light of shifting local and global economic landscapes.
Nader Ghabbour, CEO of GB Corp, affirmed: “The launch serves as a recognition of our reputable legacy, as well as GB Corp’s commitment to fulfil its role in economic and social growth, in line with Egypt’s Vision 2030. The new strategic direction is centered around sustainable business practices that are focused on digital transformation, green transition and women empowerment.”
“The Power of Mobility” embodies GB Corp’s vision and mission, while highlighting the company’s role as a catalyst in enabling social and economic prosperity through supporting its customers in achieving new aspirations. In addition, GB Corp aims to create one unified entity, where GB Corp’s subsidiaries – GB Auto, GB Capital, GB Logistics, GB Ventures, GB Academy and the Ghabbour Foundation for Development – will adopt the unified vision and values of the company.
GB Corp’s new identity strategy focuses on two main pillars: (1) digital transformation and (2) sustainable development. To expedite digitalization, the company has implemented various projects which place the customer experience journey at the center of its operations through mobile applications and chatbots, digitalized sales and after-sales centers, as well as loyalty programs.
On sustainability, the company successfully conducted its first carbon footprint assessment 2020/21 and set specific GHG reduction targets. GB Corp plans to install solar PV systems at all its manufacturing facilities by 2024 which will supply up to 40% of the facilities’ annual energy needs. The company has also launched an initiative to recycle all metal, plastic, paper and other waste. In addition, a phase-out plan is currently being implemented across all manufacturing facilities to replace diesel with natural gas and renewable energy sources.
Furthermore, the company aims to empower women in the automotive industry and Electric Vehicles (EV) market. The Ghabbour Foundation for Development signed an agreement with Alexandria Bank to design an integrated program to qualify female students to work in the automotive technical sector. The Foundation also collaborated with HSBC Egypt to qualify and empower a class of young men and women to become specialized technicians in the maintenance of EVs. Finally, the Foundation partnered with Banque Misr Foundation to financially support students of the Foundation’s Applied Technology school during three years of education.
About GB Corp:
- GB Auto is a leading automotive company in the Middle East and Africa, distinguished by its strong operational footprint across key sectors and core lines of business including passenger cars, motorcycles, commercial vehicles, construction equipment, tires and after-sales services.
- GB Capital oversees the Group’s non-banking financial services, which offer customized financial solutions to all client categories. It does so through a diverse range of financial products and services catering for major corporations, small and medium enterprises, retail clients as well as individuals eligible for microfinance solutions. GB Capital’s strategy is to benchmark its operations against industry leaders, while developing well-diversified services that comply with the best practices of financial institutions globally.
- GB Logistics is an integrated service provider that offers high-quality logistics services to a worldwide client base. The company provides diverse service offerings, which allow customers and business owners to focus on their core business competencies, while the integrated supply chain gets managed on their behalf by GB Logistics. The company is not only service-oriented, but also customer-centric which allows it to deliver cutting-edge logistics solutions.
- GB Ventures is a technology venture capital firm that focuses primarily on seed investments. It was established by GB Corp to identify high potential startups in the fintech, automotive, logistics and education sectors.
- GB Academy was founded in June 2013 and is managed by a leading education provider “Saxony International Schools”. It targets raising the awareness that learning is an investment for future success. GB Academy offers technical automotive workshops, business skills training, logistics courses, meeting rooms and a conference center which are offered to GB Corp employees as well as partners and external customers. Today, the Academy holds more than 150 training days per month, with a rich portfolio of training courses that are available in physical and/or online format.
- Ghabbour Foundation is a non-profit organization that mainly focuses on bridging the gap between the quality of vocational education in Egypt and the industry needs for skilled workers, with the objective of improving the general community perception towards vocational education. The Foundation and its core initiatives seek to increase the skill level of the country’s workforce by developing a continuous, sustainable network of schools. The schools provide students with an internationally accredited vocational education and the necessary technical training that will allow them to pursue rewarding careers in competitive industries.